Updated: April 2, 2017
Benguet is a high altitude-landlocked province located at the southern part of Cordillera Administrative Region and its capital is La Trinidad. It is situated within the mountain range of Cordillera and the whole province is dominantly mountainous. The province is also known as the “Salad Bowl of the Philippines” due to its high production of vegetables. Benguet generally has a cold climate which makes it conducive to harvest and grow various kinds of vegetables. Major industries which thrive in the province range from agriculture, mining and tourism. It is also the home of the highest mountain in Luzon, Mount Pulag at 2,922 meters above sea level.
Within Benguet is the famous Baguio City known as the “Summer Capital of the Philippines”. It is labeled as a highly urbanized city and its administrative power is separate from Benguet. This city plays a big part in promoting tourism around the place because of its cool and comforting climate.
Listed below are the travel guides, travelogues and gastronomic journeys we’ve been in the province of Benguet.
- Rediscovering Baguio City: A 2D/1N Quick Escape for less than ₱2300 (4/15/2017) - Baguio City, known as the City of Pines, the Summer Capital of the Philippines, has become a commonplace for tourists and travelers alike. Here's our travel journal from our spontaneous 2 days and 1 night trip in this beautiful mountainous city.
- Great Food Trips in Baguio City 2017 (4/15/2017) - My friends and I had a 2-day short trip in Baguio City last February of this year just to break away from the stressors in our workplace. One of the best things to do in Baguio City is to have a food trip.
- Experiencing Great Food Under the Pine Trees at Canto (3/18/2017) - Ketchup is a food community along Romulo drive in Baguio City. It offers a number of great restaurants with their atmosphere surrounded with pine trees and fresh air. Canto restaurant is one of their best choices and it is highly commendable.
- Experiencing Baguio Craft Brewery (3/15/2017) - Visiting Baguio City will never be complete without experiencing the great tasting draft beers in the city.
- Indulging the Beauty of Nature and Good Food with Café Sabel (3/12/2017) - After more than an hour of exploring the museum, we tried BenCab's sole café located at the ground floor of the building offering meals with freshly picked and organic ingredients with a good view of the farm and garden.
- BenCab Museum: The Heavens, Mountains and the Cordilleras (2/24/2017) - There are a number of attractions located outside the city of Baguio. One of which is BenCab museum in Tuba, Benguet which houses contemporary Filipino arts and cultural heritage of the Cordilleras.
- The Hidden Image of Stobosa Mural (2/15/2017) - Only three kilometers from Baguio City is the majestic Valley of Colors in La Trinidad. Vibrant and colorful yet this community has a hidden image according to the locals.
- Travel Guide: Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad, Benguet (2/6/2017) - Planning to visit Baguio City? Why not go beyond the borders of the city and visit La Trinidad's famous strawberry farm. Here's your travel guide.
- Enjoying the Colors of La Trinidad Strawberry Farms (2/5/2017) - We started off our February with a 2-day trip to Baguio City, Philippines. Our first stop is the colorful La Trinidad Strawberry Farms and we experienced the best tasting strawberries in the country.